{NEWS ZONE} ~ GOVT WORKER PROTESTS POSTING, HIRES GANG TO BEAT BOSS


A staff member of the Nigerian Railway Corporation , Kehinde Adeoye, is cooling his heels in police custody after allegedly leading a gang to attack his boss at Oposuru , in the Lemode area of Ogun State .

During the attack , a resident was reportedly killed by one of the gang members , Kayode Johnson .
Johnson , who was beaten up by a mob , was also taken into custody.

It was learnt that 27-year- old Adeoye was in charge of selling tickets to passengers until recently when he was posted to a railway terminus , Kajola Railway Terminus, in the Ifo Local Government Area of the state.

It was gathered that prior to the transfer, the father of one realised about N 3, 000 from ticket racketeering on a daily basis.

He accused his boss , Eze Ejike , of instigating the transfer .
He was said to have led Johnson and one Chibuzor ( still at large ) to Ejike ’ s residence at Oposuru around 6pm last Friday to attack the boss.

Our correspondent learnt that while the attack was ongoing , Ejike raised the alarm, which drew the attention of residents as the assailants fled.

A resident , Abeeb Oluwafemi , aka Eleja , had wanted to prevent Johnson from escaping when the attacker stabbed him in the chest.

It was gathered that Oluwafemi was rushed to a hospital where he died while a police team from the Agbado Police Division , led by the Divisional Police Officer , CSP Sunday Omonijo , rescued Johnson from being lynched by angry youths.

Adeoye, a native of Araromi , Ondo State , said he had told his friends to break Ejike ’ s leg to teach him a lesson for allegedly blocking the extra money he made from ticketing .

He said , “ I hold National Diploma in Business Administration and work with the Nigerian Railway Corporation. I live on Adekunle Adekemi Street , Itoki . I was posted to work on the train in July last year. I was in charge of ticketing. I made about N 3, 000 everyday .

“ In December , one of my bosses , Mr . Ejike , was also posted to work on the train . He reported me to our superiors and I was reposted to the Kajola Railway Terminus. I was pained; I have a wife and a child. I decided to do something that would make him to sit at home for two months .

“ I invited my friends and told them to injure my boss in the leg . I took them to his house in Oposuru. While they were beating him up, he raised the alarm. We flagged down a tricycle and hopped in. The rider refused to go when he saw some people chasing us .

“ Chibuzor and I ran away, while Kayode ( Johnson ) was caught. It was when I went to a police station to report myself the following day that I learnt that Kayode stabbed somebody to death . ”
Johnson , 31, who was hospitalised due to the injuries inflicted on him by a mob, said he stabbed the deceased in defence.

“ Kehinde ( Adeoye) is my childhood friend . He told me that his boss orchestrated his posting to where he did not like and begged me and Chibuzor to help beat him up. While we were attacking him at a junction , he shouted. Some people around the area responded and chased us .

“ One of them stopped me from escaping . He stabbed me in the finger. I collected the knife from him and stabbed him in the chest . I was held by the crowd and beaten up, ” he said .

The Director of Operations , Nigerian Railway Operations , Mr . Niyi Ali, said the corporation was aware of the incident, adding that the police had commenced investigation .

He said , “ It is a criminal matter being investigated by the police. It is being handled by the police. ”
The state Police Public Relations Officer , ASP Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the command was making efforts to arrest the fleeing suspect .

He said , “ The railway worker mobilised his friends from Ebute - Meta, Lagos , to beat up his boss.

“ The worker and his accomplice, who stabbed a man that wanted to catch him , have been arrested and transferred to the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Eleweran , Abeokuta. ”

Comments

Most Popular Post

{LYRICS ZONE} ••• MAYORKUN – TONIGHT (NONSO AMADI COVER) LYRICS

{NEWS ZONE}~ Demolition Of Ayefele’s Music House Divides Oyo Government

{CRIME ZONE}~ Police Gun Down Armed Robbers Who Raided Bank In Edo Yesterday (Graphic Photos)

{NEWS ZONE}~ Demolition: So Ayefele Should Break The Law Because His Legs Hurt? – Ajimobi.. {Photos}

{STORY SERIES}••• THE WHITE WIZARD PART 1