{STORY SERIES ZONE}••• THE WHITE WIZARD PART (2) ©Ethicsloaded


For many years, he divined for all the neighbouring towns. He died without teaching the art to a soul!”
“Well, tell me what I must do if bags of precious stones cannot buy wisdom.”
“What you have to do is simple, but it demands some courage at the same time,” Alápó said, a light smile on his face. “You have spent all your days in Ìgbëtì. The chieftains will honour you after you have seen much of the outside world. They will tremble when you speak of the things they have not seen.... I counsel you to leave Ìgbëtì, think less of your pride and travel far beyond the mountains.”
“Oh, you are asking me to leave Ìgbëtì, leave my wife, my children and an empty stool behind!,” Eléwì exclaimed and his eyes glared wildly. But then he thought for a moment, eyeing the chieftain suspiciously. Keeping his voice low, he expressed his fears. “Tell me what will happen to the empty stool when I’m far beyond the mountains...”
“Nothing,” Alápó said. “I am the most high–ranking chieftain in the council. Don’t you see that I have reached old age, now striving to please the gods? I cannot annoy the gods by stealing what does not belong to my clan.... It is your birthright and the gods shall watch over it for you.”
Eléwì could not question the old chieftain’s sincerity any longer. He rose weakly to his feet.
“I have heard you,” he said, towering above the chieftain. “It is true that my father ruled this land with great wisdom and his people served and honoured him for it.... It is also true that wisdom is not sought on a platter of gold; it requires time and sacrifice. I shall sacrifice my pleasure and good food, live and dine with strangers far beyond this land. I shall be patient and learn more about creation, the seas, the mountains, the gods...”
“You have thought well, Eléwì...”
“Far beyond, I shall hide my true identity and grasp other cultures and creeds. This will groom me for the tasks ahead...”
“The gods will not fail you,” Alápó said, genuinely impressed.
“In three, four, five or... ten years, I will be back in Ìgbëtì and rule it with great wisdom.... I hope the gods will spare you till my return.”
“They will – my father lived a century!”
“Well, I’ll leave in the morning,” Eléwì said and turned to go.
“The rain–”
“I am wet already.”
“Farewell, my prince. The gods will guide and guard your ways,” Alápó prayed.

Comments

Most Popular Post

{LYRICS ZONE} ••• MAYORKUN – TONIGHT (NONSO AMADI COVER) LYRICS

{NEWS ZONE}~ Demolition Of Ayefele’s Music House Divides Oyo Government

{CRIME ZONE}~ Police Gun Down Armed Robbers Who Raided Bank In Edo Yesterday (Graphic Photos)

{NEWS ZONE}~ Demolition: So Ayefele Should Break The Law Because His Legs Hurt? – Ajimobi.. {Photos}

{STORY SERIES}••• THE WHITE WIZARD PART 1